Progress Update 3

I decided to begin by focusing on both the title sequence and end screen, which provides both the tagline and gives the logo of the organization behind the PSA. For the organization, I ultimately chose to go with the North Carolina Library Association, since I thought their logo would be fun to animate and their color palette could be useful for this PSA. I was able to download their logo as an .EPS file from their website which made it very easy to separate parts into layers of an Illustrator file for animating in After Effects. In this animation, I also explored Displacement Maps, which definitely added a layer of interest to both the tagline and the logo as they wiggled with the background. I do plan to have a voiceover to say the tagline, though I plan to wait a little bit so that I can record all parts of the voiceover at once so it remains fairly consistent. Overall, I am fairly excited about the direction of this project and next work on selecting a song to go in the background of the video and developing more of the body of the animation. 


Comments

  1. I can see the visual consistency in beginning and end. I think that's a good design process to make sure the middle follows the theme as well. Like a sandwich. I also like how the visual imagery ties in with the subject nicely. I think my only critique is that the intro hasn't quite hooked me. I think "I already know how to use a bookmark, this isn't for me". Then I might click away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh I really like this. I love the stop-motion quality of this. I agree with Maya's comment...maybe try something that has a little bit more of a hook for your title.

    -Lelia (whose laptop won't let her switch emails to comment)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment