Progress Update 3

Since last class I've worked on developing my main assets for animation in Illustrator. I think its still difficult to tell how many superstitions I'll be able to cover in a minute so I decided to illustrate most of the superstitions, with the understanding that some may end up being left out. Below are the initial illustrations I made that I plan to animate using 3D position as well as the puppet tool.





I was able to find some music that I liked for this project from YouTube's Audio Library. I found myself drawn to the county/folk genre. I think its fitting since many superstitions orginate in folktales and lore and the song I found, "Moonrise" by Reed Mathis, is just absolutely beautiful. I was, however, not able to find many good sound effects through YouTube's Audio Library. I eventually remembered that Pixabay.com has a free sound library and I was able to find better sound effects like an elevator ding, a cat meowing and a more interesting glass breaking.

Below is some initial animation I did for the unlucky number 13. I am still playing around with how I'll present the statistical data but I did enjoy the opportunity to play some with the camera and with sound effects in this initial version. It's definitely not perfect and there is still some work to be done on timing but I'm pretty happy with the direction it is going in.



Comments

  1. Ugh this is super cute! Love the background audio and sound effects and the animation is smooth and the imagery works cohesively. Nice style you've got going on.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment