Progress Update 1

 This is my current progress on the self-promotional bumper. I used a some what unconventional After Effects tutorial that followed the specific process someone used to make their own animated logo. The tutorial aspect was rather simple because it used some of the stroke and trim paths features that I used in the last project, but I did explore a different approach to animating by exploring the brush tool in After Effects. While the initial tutorial only used stroke paths, my own logo is not monoline, so I wanted to find a way of using the effect they showed but by maintain my own logo's brush effect. I explored brush effects using this tutorial and by attempting to read Adobe's page on brush strokes, as well as a bunch of Adobe forums, because Adobe's page was fairly unhelpful and confusing. 

While the current version is a short 5 seconds, I do plan to expend it to 15 by incorporating a more interesting beginning and adding additional self-promotional details, but this was what I was able to create so far. 


Process Work:

Lines made for paths in Illustrator

Reference to show where lines end

Workflow in After Effects, adjusting start and end points


Comments

  1. Super pretty!! I love the flowy and graceful energy. Awesome work putting up process screenshots as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, I love this! I love how you were able to do something analog/hand drawn within this very digital format.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm loving the way you did this. The font looks great and It's very smooth at the end. Maybe a quicker beginning maybe? I dunno but you could play with the timing. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment