Progress Update 2

Below is the most recent export of my Kinetic Type project. Since the last version, I began exploring shifts of scale using Null Objects to assign all the text layers and manipulating the Null Objects to make the video look like there was a moving camera. Probably not the most efficient or technical way of doing it, but it worked. I have not yet decided on a text color or background color. Overall, I am happy with the current result but hope to explore a few other effects with the video before the final.


*Updated to correctly spell "entries" and add one animation to the phrase "but he grew up in Columbus"

Comments

  1. Criminal minds!! This is great!! I think the sharpness of the movement and the style of the typefaces fit well with the mood of the conversation: it's serious, he's talking extremely quickly, and using complex words. I think your color palette (or lack of color palette) works okay--I kind of want to see some muted/dark colors: dark/sage green maybe. But I also really like the high contrast.
    --Lelia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks so much for catching that! I've updated it in the post above.

      Delete
  3. This feels very complete. Nice variation in fonts and they're all cohesive. I want to learn those transitions you used, I'm jealous. Overall, very impressive. Like Leila said, The only thing I want more of is color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You inspired me so much to use a null object to pan around the scene! Great job keeping things interesting by expressing these words through motion and emphasis through fonts. I think all its missing is music, but that's a very easy fix. I'm very excited to see your final product. Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the laughing part i think could be executed differently, it feels a little awkward with the dots going in and out so i wonder if theres another solution

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment