Process Update 1

Below is the most recent export of my Kinetic Type project. While there is still a lot I want to explore with animating this scene, I am fairly happy with the video I have made so far.

I followed the tutorials and added all the text to sync with the audio. I am not as satisfied with some of the synching. I did my best but some of the words still feel a bit off, and I can't tell if it has to do with layers being accidentally shifted or if I missed something things while originally syncing, but I do plan to go back and adjust some of the timing for certain words.

In styling the text, I chose to focus on reflecting the different voices and some of the context behind the words. For example, the audio involves the character, Spencer Reid, detailing how he came to the conclusion that a series of blog posts were in fact written by two people, or two suspects. The character is highly educated and much of his dialogue reflects his experience in academia. I chose a serif font to reflect this aspect of the character and the way in which the audio depicts him analyzing text. I also choose to bold the various words and phrases that demonstrated the different voices in the blog entries and I italicized references to the two individuals (e.g. one or the other guy). I also used a handwritten font to reflect the additional details and quirky moments that Reid adds to explain his findings as well as some of the unspoken dialogue that helps in understanding the scene. 

For the other voices in the audio, I used an all caps sans serif font in both a solid and outline version that reflects the branding of the show and the way in which the other characters are sharply contrasted against Reid. 


Comments